- This page is about the TV show "The Flintstones". For this show's theme tune, see Meet the Flintstones. For the main meme The Flintstones are associated with, see 7 GRAND DAD.
The Flintstones is the first animated primetime American television series, produced by Hanna-Barbera. It was broadcast from September 30, 1960 to April 1, 1966 on ABC. The show depicted the lives of a working-class Stone Age man, his next-door neighbor/best friend, and their families.
The show's continuing popularity rested heavily on its juxtaposition of modern everyday concerns in the Stone Age setting. The Flintstones was the most financially successful network animated franchise for three decades, until The Simpsons debuted.
The Flintstones Edit
- Fred Flintstone is the main character of the series. He is quick to anger (usually over trivial matters), but is a very loving husband and father.
- Wilma Flintstone is Fred's wife. She is more intelligent and level-headed than her husband, though she often has a habit of spending money. She often is a foil to Fred's poor behavior.
- Pebbles Flintstone is the Flintstones' infant daughter.
- Dino, a prosauropod dinosaur, is the Flintstones' pet that barks and generally acts like a dog.
- Baby Puss is the Flintstones' pet saber-toothed cat.
The Rubbles Edit
- Barney Rubble is the secondary main character and Fred's best friend and next-door neighbor.
- Betty Rubble is Barney's wife and Wilma's best friend. Like Wilma, she, too, has a habit of spending money.
- Bamm-Bamm Rubble is the Rubbles' abnormally strong adopted son.
- Hoppy is the Rubbles' pet hopparoo (a kangaroo/dinosaur combination creature).
- The Flintstones (1994) : Live-action movie
- The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas (2000) : Live-action movie (a prequel to the first one)
- The Flintstones: The Rescue of Dino & Hoppy (1991), platform video game by Taito for the NES, the original game of the bootleg 7 GRAND DAD.
- The Flintstones (1993 video game) (1993), game by Taito for the Mega Drive/Genesis
Non-7 GRAND DAD references to The Flintstones Edit
References to Winston cigarette commercials Edit